At Waffle, we want to help local offline businesses have a peace of mind on their daily business operations so that they can focus on delivering the best customer experience. We are in over 250 locations across Singapore and Malaysia, working with brands like Bakery Cuisine Group, Kopifellas, Sharetea and more, and have over 200,000 members in our ecosystem!
Our Engineering Team works on problems such as building a resilient payments system and building an offline-first network of applications, all while maintaining high uptime for our customers. We are working to push the boundaries of how data and technology is being used in offline commerce. We are a very young team and you’ll have the opportunity to work with many areas of the tech stack. If you’re interested in such challenges, we would love to hear from you!
1. Can work closely with product teams to break down a problem and come up with elegant solutions that suit the customers’ needs
2. Want to lead product development from inception to launch
3. Are curious about technology and love finding out how things work under the hood
4. Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what is lasting and scalable
5. You measure your success in terms of business impact, not lines of code
1. Have experience with event-driven systems
2. Have experience with Domain Driven Design (DDD)
3.Have experience with our stack - Typescript, npm / yarn, and React / React Native
4. Understand how to safely update production systems
5. Want to eventually lead an engineering team and can offer mentorship to other junior engineers in the team
6. Love a good board game once in a while